James Bevelander, Group Digital Learning Manager for the Cotton On Group, joins The Learning Hook Podcast for a chat on a wide range of topics. This episode’s highly relevant for retail learning and development professionals, learning designers creating video (from scripts to shoots), L&D for large global organisations, and of course general elearning aficionados wherever you may be 😊.
- James’s story: From Flash Developer to Group Digital Learning Manager for the Cotton On Group
- Hear about a different take on compliance (imagine it being driven by team leads/store managers and delivered ‘just in time’)
- Tone of voice, style and engagement for global audiences
- Getting our engagement on: the Rule of Threes for generating new ideas
- What should never be filmed from the boot of a car…
- Data collection and insights outside of the LMS – beyond traditional elearning approaches
- The jingle method (yes, this is a teaser, but an interesting anecdote worth listening out for)
- Solutions for the ‘white-noise’ of over used (abused?) animation techniques (you know that famous hand that draws so many crappy animations?)
Links from the podcast
In the chat:
- James Bevelander, Group Digital Learning Manager for the Cotton On Group
- Brenden Carter, Creative Director and Founder of The Learning Hook
- Justin Cruickshank, Design & Production Manager at The Learning Hook
- Ray Parker Jr (not really, but we talk about him)
If any comments at all, we would love to hear from you.
Press play below, or subscribe for new releases via iTunes or Podbean.